Many of you know that January of 2014 is a big month for the Vana family. January is the month we will load a three-year-old, a one-year-old, and a six-month-old into our car and drive back to MAF headquarters in Nampa, Idaho to what’s called: Candidacy.
At our 4 week Candidacy we will do the following things:
1. Learn all about the work MAF does in each of the countries in which they serve. All the while, Phil and I will be talking and praying fervently about which region / ministry speaks to us most. As you can imagine, there will be a great deal to consider when making this decision.
2. Go through a whole bunch of personality profiles, spiritual gift tests and the like so MAF can learn more about us, we can learn more about ourselves, and we and the candidate committee will be able to make the best assessment of where we would best fit within the organization.
3. We will receive an assignment from MAF, meaning we will know which country we are going to and what kind of work we will be doing there.
4. We we learn how to give presentations, raise support, and make ministry partnerships.
5. We will develop and practice our presentations on various groups of people and receive feedback.
6. We will be set up and prepared to begin our new job of full-time support raising.
By the end of the month we will be full-fledged MAF-ers and we will be on the road back home to Reno to begin preparing for our assignment. We know that January is eight months away, but, with a new baby coming and moving at the speed of life, we know that January is just around the corner.
In the meantime, here are a few ways you can keep us in prayer.
1. Please pray that God leads us to the right field assignment. Pray that God is preparing good work and friends for us overseas.
2. Pray for our children to enjoy the stillness of home and home-life as it is over the next eight months.
3. Please pray for the team the Lord will use to send us as we serve.
4. Please pray for protection, provision, wisdom, and faithfulness.
Thank you for your interest in what God is doing. We are grateful. Be blessed.