There are four stages that usually occur during a “healthy” transition. There is the Romance Stage where everything new is excited and fun. You’re trying everything out and exploring your new surroundings. After the Romance, Reality sets in and you realize just what you’ve done. You’ve moved 2,000 miles away from family and everything that you are accustomed to and starting something new. The next phase is the Rejection Stage. Everything that was fun and exciting in the Romance Stage is weird and not quite as good as it once was. You miss “home” and everything familiar. You miss your friends and the things that served as a security blanket.
Well, I am excited to tell you that we are completing our “healthy” transition to Michigan and have begun the fourth and final stage, Readjustment. God has been fulfilling our desires, hopes, and dreams as we are settling in and finding our sweet spot; we are finding “home”. Here are just a few of our answered prayers…
- We have found a great church in Lowell. It has the feel of our home church, Summit Christian Church in Sparks, and we are challenged and encouraged. Also, Adelina loves the children’s area!
- School continues to be a huge blessing and a lot of work. This last week was a busy week so I have included several pictures at the end of this post. We heat-treated some metal (basically heating up so hot that it became soft and malleable, then heating it up and quenching it in water to make the metal hard again, and finally heating it just a little to work out the stresses of the metal during the second stage), we played with fire and fire extinguishers, removed corrosion from different airplane parts, repainted some the airplane parts, and finished up our electricity class (I got an A!!!).
- I started working at a flight school in order to gain some more flight experience and stay current as we plan to try out with MAF soon after graduating from the mechanic’s school. Boy does it feel good to fly again!
In addition to all of this, God has provided some friends for Jessica. Last week one of the wives of a teacher at SMAT had all of the wives of students over to her house. Jessica got to meet all of the wives and they had fun playing some games and eating finger foods. She came home laughing so hard and beaming because she had so much fun! We are excited because we knew that we needed a support system here in Michigan and God has provided!
Thank you so much for all of your prayers. God is answering them and moving in mighty ways. It is blessing to see how God is directing us and building us up. Here are a few things you can continue to pray with us about…
- Balance in our schedule. Pray that we manage our time well and make a viable schedule to go to school, spend time with friends, work at the flight school, and spend time as family.
- Pray for the health of Jessica and the new baby! (She had her first appointment today and we found a great doctor. The baby is healthy and Jessica was able to hear the heartbeat!)
- Pray that we would faithfully spend time with the Lord everyday. Knowing Him is what matters most!